“Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God, and whoever loves has been born of God
and knows God. Anyone who does not love does not know God, because God is love”. (I John 4: 7-8)
Prayerful Greetings from Vincentian Fathers! The Vincentian Congregation was founded in Kerala in 1904 in accordance with the charism and ideals of St. Vincent de Paul, who is the patron saint of all charitable activities in the Church. The purpose of the congregation is to preach gospel to the poor. We fulfill this mission by running retreat centers, orphanages, schools, vocational training centers, parish ministry, working in the mission areas, preaching popular mission retreats, and so on.
For years we have been praying for an increase of vocation to priesthood and religious life. God has answered our prayers, especially through the Vincentian Congregation. We have a lot of candidates coming every year to our seminaries answering to the call of God. We are very happy to say that now we; the St. Joseph Province (we are one of the three provinces of Vincentian Congregation) have in 2012-2013, 129 priests, 58 major seminarians, 26 novices and 78 minor seminarians. Our problem is not with regard to the number of seminarians, but with regard to the fund for their formation.
The Vincentian Fathers need your help to educate our seminarians in their studies to priesthood.Will you help us to support one of our seminarians? Individual sponsorship of seminarians is one way of support. If you sponsor a seminarian he will be considered as your son / brother in Christ. He will write to you occasionally, and more than that he will pray for you everyday.What we expect from your part is to keep him in your prayers and to send him a cash donation occasionally.
What is the normal duration of Vincentian Seminary Training?
1. Minor Seminary –1 year (Period of initiation into the seminary and Vincentian Life)
2. College (Minor) Seminary – 2 years of college study and spiritual formation
3. Novitiate – 1 year (Period of intensive spiritual and religious formation)
4. Philosophy – 3 years (Period of study of various branches of philosophy)
5. Regency – 1 year (Period of practical training and ministry)
6. Theology – 4 years (Period of study of various branches of Theology and Liturgy)
Please note: The duration may increase if the seminarian is selected for some special studies
during the period of formation.
What are the Spiritual Benefits for the Seminarian Sponsors?
1. Your seminarian will be daily praying for you and your dear ones and for your needs.
2. Members of the Vincentian Congregation pray for their Benefactors everyday.
3. In all Vincentian Houses every month a special Mass is offered for all the Benefactors.
4. All priests of the Congregation offer a Mass every year for the Benefactors.
Expenses for the Seminarian: We are to spend, as of this year, about Rs. 5,000.00 monthly towards the expenses of a seminarian for his boarding, lodging, journey, fees etc. The medical and other special expenses and the expenses for the maintenance of the seminary are to be spent extra. These expenses are met with the partial support of different sponsors.
What are the Obligations of the Seminarians’ Sponsors?
1. Daily, or whenever possible, pray for your seminarians and for all Vincentians.
2. Regular offerings be made toward the support of your seminarian as agreed in the beginning
Will I receive letters from my Seminarians?
1. Every year sponsor will receive at least two letters from the seminarian.
2. Sponsor can send letters to the seminarian through the provincial superior
The financial and spiritual support the sponsor offers towards our seminarian is a statement of his/her faith in God who has been so generous to us. The special intentions of our sponsors will be remembered in our monthly masses for the Vincentian Mission Sponsors.
If you have any concerns or questions about seminarian sponsorship please feel free to contact us.
How to send payments for my Seminarian’s Support?
You may send your contribution directly to our Bank account or
You can send a Draft or Account Payee check in the name of PROVINCIAL SUPERIOR
VINCENTIAN PROVINCIAL HOUSE, KOTTAYAM and sent to:
Our Postal Address:
FR. GEORGE ARACKAL (SR.), VC
VINCENTIAN PROVINCIAL HOUSE
S.H MOUNT P.O. KOTTAYAM 686006
TELE PHONE N0: 0091- 481- 2563559, 0091- 481- 6532559
Fax: 0091- 481 – 2563582
Please let us know when you transfer your contribution directly to our Bank account or when you send a cheuqe through a letter or email, so that we can acknowledge it soon.
Gratefully and prayerfully yours in Christ,
Fr. George Arackal, VC